Sunday, October 3, 2010

My weekend

So I'm feeling much better now, thank you!  Many thanks to coldeeze, my cold only lasted a day - Wednesday.  Thursday I was back into my routine, feeling fine.  It was pretty miraculous! 

My longest days are Friday, which can be a bit of a pain when I'm trying to head home on the weekends.  I get out at 6:15 and then have to book it to get to my train connections.  But even so, I miss the early trains - and the nearest departing train is around 8PM.  So I take that and come home at around 10PM. 

This Saturday we went to a large waterfall that is fairly near us - not too much of a drive.  It was an amazing rushing, tumbling sight after all the rain that the tri-state area has received - or more truthfully, the East Coast!  (But did we need it!)  I got some nice photos: 






So I had a nice "mini-weekend" and am now just enjoying the afternoon - though the weather has turned very cold, and has in turn made me miserably cold most of today!  Brrr.  (So far, anyway.  I just wrapped a furry scarf around my neck.)  I didn't think I'd be able to get out of bed this morning - it was much too much inviting to just remain under the covers.  (I'm not a sleep oriented person, but you'd be surprised what rising at an hour when half the population is dreaming does for one.)  Well, hopefully the mild weather of October will come back soon - I'm not saying that I don't like scarves and jackets and hats, though - just a pleasant warm breeze accompanying the smell of fresh fallen leaves, too. 

I had a bit of a disappointment with an order I placed for a bigger dance bag that I desperately need.  Sad to say, big bags are hard to find - unless they are the gigantic gym bags with the brand names (which I don't want).  This bag was just not big enough.  The search goes on!  Grrr....  Going to try my luck with Land's End or something - it's frustrating when you can't get what you specifically want.  But hopefully within a few weeks I can get a bag that works - i.e., doesn't take up half a car of the Path train, can hold most of my stuff including lunch, notebooks, etc, etc, etc...  Anybody have a genie that I can talk to?  I seem to have misplaced mine.  ;-)

Well, that's all for now.  Enjoy the first week of October!
Until next time,
Bunhead

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. The photos of the waterfall is awesome. We will have to come up and see that one day. Have a Blessed week. :-)

    ReplyDelete