Thursday, September 1, 2011

September's here

Hello again and Happy September!  It's hard to believe how the summer has flown by.  I'm already starting to count down to when I return to the city.  I've been home since the summer intensive ended and have been relaxing and basically doing nothing!  (Well, not nothing... but nearly.)  We did experience some "weather" from Hurricane Irene, but were well-prepared for the storm.  We had high winds and lots of rain, but did not have any property damage.  We're not near a river or any other water so we did not have flooding.  We did lose power Sunday but got it back early Tuesday morning, so for that we were grateful.  Luckily we had a lot of water and food (and candles!), so it really wasn't a problem.  Having electricity and power, you realize (once you don't have it and then get it back) is really a luxury!  Many people in our area a few days ago did not have power back, so we were happy to have our back so quickly.  It could have been much longer. 

After that minimal drama, life is pretty much back to normal.  The weather is lovely but we really can't drive anywhere.  All around us, in nearby and neighboring towns, counties, and states are really a mess.  Rivers are high, there is still lots of flooding, and people (up north) are without power.  My local studio closed early because of the effects of the storm in the area, so I won't be dancing for quite a bit, unfortunately.  We did go canoeing at a nearby lake with our fantastic canoe which was really marvelous.  The lake was very full and it there was the sensation almost of being in an eternity pool .  Combined with the reflection of the blue sky and clouds it was really lovely.  I think I actually got a little tan, too!  So for now I'll be enjoying the great weather until I go back in the 3rd week of September.  It'll be here before I know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment