Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sick day

So yesterday, mid-afternoon, I started to feel really tired and like I was getting a sore throat.  It really came up out of the blue.  Things were okay until I got home and felt exhausted on a deep-down core level, and it was clear that I was coming down with a cold.  I had absolutely no energy to get anything ready for the next day, and decided that it probably wouldn't be the wisest thing to try to do a long commute potentially sneezing (and sore throat) etc.  I felt a lot of "guilt" to play hooky... but called in sick this morning.  It took me about two hours to get home last night - 30 minutes of that time was spent waiting for a bus.  If I was closer to the classes, I would have gone today, but being this far away and dependent on feeling well to go in and then come home is just too much, unfortunately - because I can't get this day back and I'm definitely missing important classes and instruction there.  Ugg. 

But anyway, feeling a bit better now.  Coldeeze has been working its magic.  I took 2 doses of it last night before bed (and was definitely sicker last night, sneezing) and another this morning, and am now feeling the symptoms dying down quickly.  My sore throat seems to have gone dormant, and I'm not have any sinus problems - just sort of an achy head.  So I guess even though sick days can sometimes be a sacrifice, they are worth it, because hopefully I will be completely healthy for tomorrow and don't have to worry about being set back.  If I had forced things today I could have pushed myself over the edge and gotten run down even more.  A lot of people are sick right now, and dragging down the healthy people with them, so, Sickies: take a sick day!  Wash your hands, have some tea, put up your feet, keep your sneezes to yourself!

Ha, there's a reason why when people sneeze on the Path or subway and others turn away in disgust.  Two weeks ago, (when it was still summer) you could sneeze and have a stranger say "bless you!", (I never sneeze in public, however, I can assure you - I only use the personal term by way of example) but now that it is Autumn, everyone's mind has subconsciously switched to the fact that sneezes are indeed no longer innocent. One can almost imagine the radius of people-loving germs spilling out everywhere, even if that disgusting human is across the street.  So to that large umbrella term of "sick people", have a selfish day and sneeze on your cat (or dog).  And to those who have narrowly escaped (for the moment), stick to yourself, get fresh air every day, lots of vegetables, fruit, antioxidants...  wash your hands, or better, just carry a can of Lysol and spray everyone and/or everything you meet.  People love shaking hands with "fresh scent"!  

So that's my PSA for the day...  Hopefully my aching head and throat...  yes, that was me just sneezing... will cooperate for tomorrow!
Stay well,
Bunhead

3 comments:

  1. So you never sneeze in public? Just how do you manage that? And how does an apparent cat-lover (to judge by the videos) come to suggest reserving your germ-ridden exhalations for family pets? PETA would surely repine.

    Just jerking your tutu. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh! But I must retract my previous statement and say that I don't at all recommend sneezing on one's pets - in fact, I avoided my little "roommates" when I had the brief cold, and yes, that included petting. (Bit neurotic about those sorts of things.)

    As for my tutu, I have yet to get one for partnering... (more on that soon!)

    I am feeling better, actually - seemed to be just an annoying one-day event, much thanks to coldeeze. (That magic cold pill is a life-saver!) And luckily (or not), I'm back to normal again and ready to start my fourth week! Stay tuned, Anonymous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i hope you feel better! i hate being sick :(

    ReplyDelete