Monday, August 8, 2011

On to week 4!

So, I've just finished up my 3rd week of the summer intensive, and am now going on to the the 4th week today!  I've been working hard but also having a lot of fun.  My days start at around 9 or 10 with a stretch/warm-up class - a fairly intense conditioning and stretch session.  We have all gotten a lot more strong and  flexible because of it.  Then we have our morning technique class.  Most days, after tech, we have a pointe/variations class.  Lunch, then afternoon classes - either mime, drama, stretch, character, or repertoire.  The schedule often fluctuates, but it always feels very comfortable and balanced.  We are usually out in the evening anywhere from 4:45 - 6:45.  Then it's home to crash - relax, stretch, and get ready for another day! 

I had a nice weekend - though it went by a bit quickly.  I stopped by my home studio to help teach a children's class, and took a ballet class myself.  Rain spoiled afternoon canoeing plans, but it was nice to stay home and hang out.  After church I came back into the city and made a run to Trader Joe's to stock up on groceries for the week.  It was nice to be out and about in the city, but it was getting warm out.  I felt kind of guilty for not being outside myself, in a park or something, but the heat justified staying in.  So I did-- got ready for the next day, stretched, relaxed.  And here I am this morning, ready for another week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment