Monday, January 9, 2012

Ill-starred weekend

Sick Bunhead here.  Late Saturday night (after an exposure to stomach virus earlier in the week) into Sunday morning brought the worst stomach flu I have ever experienced.  It was a little maddening because I took such good care of myself and lots of great medicine in an effort to avoid it.  Uggg.  This of course spoiled my plans of going into the city Sunday afternoon.  Luckily I was able to sleep a lot on Sunday, and thankfully today I feel much better, just have been battling a headache and leftover aches, etc.  And sadly I am missing the first two days of the 2nd semester.  I had a perfect record 1st semester, even with getting genuinely sick, but to my chagrin, it isn't meant to be this time.  I'll just have to work all the harder to make up for it!! 

So... trying not to feel guilty here about Wednesday now being my first day at school.  I could be going back today but am afraid what might happen if I push things too hard.  I still am not 100%, so tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll go back in and have sufficient time to get settled and prepared for the rest of the week.  Who knew of the unexpected potential drama that can ensue?  Well, that's my little update for the first week "back".  Still recuperating (from what one can only wonder was e. coli or a strain similarly as bad!) in the comforts of home - and hope to be dancing before I know it! 

2 comments: