Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wishing all of my readers and friends a very Happy 2012! I hope you're all still enjoying the Christmas season (on this 9th day of Christmas).
Winter is definitely here. We got our first dusting of snow a couple of days ago (woo!) and last night the low was 6 degrees! Pile up the fire, bake, drink tea, and cozy up with a good book. (I'm curious- what have you been up to now that the cold weather has hit?  What do you do to stay non-bored and avoid the cabin fever?)

Yesterday found me baking a bit more - Challah for this morning's French toast, and delightful lemon zest buttermilk scones with marmalade for tea. I think I'm going to make a few more gingersnap men and women - they were really good and I couldn't resist making another batch of dough. And then it's on to packing, for almost before I know it I'll be back in the city this weekend, ready to dance next week!

More to come, including photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment