Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snow!!!

(I've been attempting to post this for the past few days now... to my chagrin all of the photos I wanted to put up wouldn't upload properly due to my connection.  So, I hope you'll be satisfied with these few, and more will be coming very soon - hopefully, tonight!  -Bunhead)

When I got out of classes tonight, it was pouring rain.  I love rainy days, and I love when it's raining in the city!  Of course it can be a bit windy and one gets wet - and one might even sacrifice "staying dry" to save the umbrella from dangerous wind gusts...  All in all, however (for me), it's a pleasant experience- though I will admit making it in somewhere dry and warm is a welcome relief, after tramping through driving rain and puddles in soaking wet clogs. 

So!  I've been back to school these past couple of weeks.  So far it has gone pretty well.  I did mean to write up a post before now...unfortunately 2 separate large loads of laundry took up potential blogging time, among other things.  But I did think of my readers, known and unknown, and so here is finally something.  After I got over my initial soreness (ugg) of the first week, everything got much better.  So far I'm really happy with my progress.  And I started going to a great (affordable) massage place right around the corner from the school (Chinese Qi Gong Tui-Na technique!) which is really amazing and already has changed how my muscles feel.  We've been quite busy already, learning quite a few variations (more to come on that later).  Oh, and NYC got the first years' snow on Saturday - yay!!  Here are some photos.  I didn't know what was actually going to happen with the forecasted snow - and was surprised to hear a strange but rather familiar sound out on the street (albeit the badly plowed ones...)  It seems NYC puts snow shovels on their garbage trucks to help everything get plowed faster.  The first snow of the year was indeed here with badly plowed roads and snowy intersections, ghost town streets, treacherous sidewalks - unsalted and unshoveled.  Even young children frolicked outside of their buildings.  It was really great and I loved the change of scenery!!  It isn't all cynicism as to how the roads are plowed and the consideration of pedestrians' well being, however- I love winter and nothing made me happier than FINALLY seeing the winter wonderland by home during the weekend! 

New York City snow:



Snowing... on my street

8:15 AM

NYC snow!!


Snow covered streets
More photos coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment