Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cookies and cupcakes

So it's been a long time since I have posted, I know!  And I have felt guilty at the lack of posting.  It's just that I've been quite busy lately.  Late last week I performed with my little home company - "Carnival of the Animals" - and it went very well!  I really love being at a theater - backstage, warming up with fellow performers, running through a show, and then the nerves as you do hair and makeup and finally go onstage for the real thing.  This performance reminded me that I really enjoy performing - the connection to the audience while being connected inside with oneself.  I actually didn't feel nervous, and really had too much fun.  I'm looking forward to the end of the year performance that we will be having within the next few months (date TBD/TBA). 

I was surprised to feel exhausted Sunday evening, as the performance hadn't felt like too terribly much to me.  (I have full days as it is!)  I would have loved to go to bed at a crazy early hour, but didn't.  I was in bed, however, before 10.  Then I got up at 5 the next morning for a 6:06 AM train to NYC!  Luckily going to bed early paid off and I wasn't crazily tired the next day.  I'm feeling it a bit now, though... 

Classes have been going well, of late.  I'm always pushing myself and so desperately crave perfection.  Things take time, and I'm really seeing improvement physically from even a few weeks ago, but I want so much more!  It's hard to stay patient...  I'm rather sore in weird places today too... one definitely gets a lot of general aches and pains, and it's interesting in the morning as one copes with the stiffness!  But things have been good - I just wish time didn't pass so quickly.  Hard to believe that it is already MARCH! 

I got a cupcake today as it is "Shrove Tuesday", otherwise known as "Mardi Gras", or "Fat Tuesday".  Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, and as my schedule has it working out well for me to get ashes in the morning, I will be doing so.  It will require an early wake up, but I do that anyway!  I'm looking forward to Lent and a time of mortification and self-sacrifice.  It's important to keep one's priorities and beliefs straight and everything else in check and under control.  It's disheartening to see so many people off the other way... 

Well, off to enjoy my cupcake before I sign off of those items for the next 40-ish days.  More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment