Tuesday, June 21, 2011

100 Posts!!!

Yay!  Time to celebrate!  One hundred posts here on the blog.  I'm happy to have made it this far! 

So, my last day of the program officially was June 4th, and since then I've been home relaxing and getting into a much different schedule.  Haha.  And happily, I've still been dancing - at my home studio's new location close by!  I've been able to take pilates and yoga in addition to ballet classes.  I'm also doing a work study/assistant job as well for them to help with all of the new business at the new location - receptionist tasks, maintainence, assisting with classes for the little kids, and more!  It's a lot of fun and I'm happy to have this opportunity - and be able to stay in shape.  It's a blessing.  I'm also rehearsing quite frequently during the week for our upcoming "studio warming" performance in July, which will be a lot of fun.  I'm doing a solo in addition to a few hefty group pieces.  It's a fun challenge - something to keep me "on my toes". 

But it hasn't been all dance all of the time.  I get some down time on the computer and have time to hang outside.  (It's good to relax, and it's nice to be in the country again now that it is Summer!)  I went to an amusement park in PA for a family reunion, a week ago today, actually, and will be going to another family reunion party later this week.  So, I'm comfortably keeping busy - without being crazy.  It's good to have a break, but yes, though I wouldn't call it homesickness, I do miss my teachers and the environment I was in - the routine of hard work, sweat...  ...really hard work.  It's hard to express it properly.  But I am enjoying my break! 

Here's a piece I'm rehearsing for - "Take 5":



And another fun, jazzy piece, "Swing Guitars":

No comments:

Post a Comment