Monday, January 17, 2011

Don't like Mondays...

("Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays")
Today was a hard day!  I'll admit it.  After the weekend... I spent Saturday plodding through the day somehow though I felt exhausted!, and  Sunday afternoon I took a nap, knowing that I would have to get up super early Monday morning.  Luckily I checked train schedules, as the only available trains this morning were 5:18 and 6:51!  My only choice therefore, to make it to an 8:30am class was the 5:18.  I went to bed early after a bit of Golden Globes (not that great) and got up at 4:10am.  Yes, you heard me right.  Ha ha.  The only bad thing was that I was subconsciously paranoid about missing the alarm or something, so every hour after midnight I woke up like someone had just awakened me to check my clock.  I was getting annoyed at my neurotic subconscious, telling myself that "yes, the alarm will get you up!".  But I ended up waking at 1, 2, and 3:10, and then for my alarm an hour after that.  I'm pretty sure all were exactly the same amount of time apart - straight out of dreams, too.  Very strange...  Being a light sleeper can indeed be the bane of my existence. 
But the train ride was good - very full.  And then on the opposite end, New York was absolutely deserted this morning with the holiday!  It was unusual to see - almost too quiet. 

I'm only starting to feel sleepy now, and the day is hardly over.  But enough about that...it just felt generally harder for me to push myself in class, though I was able to, when I was feeling behind and a bit blah.  Our whole class, surprisingly, had a universal Monday reaction and we had a very slow morning class working on some core basics and fixing problems and things like that.  The teacher we had is amazingly good at recognizing and seeing that and then proceeding to fix it!  So it was a slow morning but good, though the afternoon seemed longer.  Hopefully I will be able to pull myself out of this "slump" very soon.  No fun to feel sluggish. 

Well, that's all for now, more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment